In today’s world, having even a little bit of interest in the political world can do wonders for you.
Yes, you likely are worn out after the recent Presidential election, but you also probably have a better handle on what is going on now and what might take place down the road for the U.S. That said if you are a business leader of any size nationwide, you would be best-served having some interest in where things in this nation are headed politically.
For business owners, what happens at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and elsewhere around the country (in some cases the world), can have a lasting impact on your brand.
So, will 2017 see you make it your business to know more about what is going on in the political world?
Turning to the Experts
In the event you are a business owner that can best be described as not too savvy when it comes to politics, there are experts out there to help.
For instance, having a political expert speak to you and your team about how politics and business are so often intertwined is certainly an idea worth pursuing.
Keep in mind that there is a large field of experts with which to pull from, including the likes of Ana Navarro.
If you choose someone such as her, you will get an individual with years of experience in the political world.
That experience as a Republican strategist has helped her find countless TV opportunities and speaking engagements nationwide. Those engagements could be just what you are looking for heading into the New Year. Having her or others with such experience speak to your employees can run the gamut of topics.
- Business and politics relationship – It should not come as a big surprise that many business owners across the country have a vested interest in both national and local elections. On the national front, the overall health of the economy can go a long way in determining how successful (or not) many businesses (including your own) will be. Getting a guest speaker willing to discuss that correlation can be beneficial to you and your team, especially heading into the New Year. Knowing what your business may need to differently (or keep the same) can prove quite helpful in turning an even bigger profit;
- Managing your business reputation – Who better would understand the importance of one’s reputation than a politician or one speaking about them regularly? Politicians know (at least they should) how even the slightest doubts about their personal reputations can prove downright damaging, especially in today’s world of 24/7 social media. That said your company doesn’t want to get the wrong reputation either, especially when you are talking about major business and dollars being at stake. By having a political expert come and talk with you and your team, you can hear about the importance of not only initial customer service, but also following up with customers. Simply put, today’s customers just want some of your time, something that can be a direct correlation to what most voters want from their politicians.
Finding the Best
In your efforts to locate the best public speakers to work with you and your team, go online to begin your search.
By doing a simple Google search of the kind of individual/s you’d like to have speaking to your group, you will set things in motion.
Ask yourself what is most important in finding the right speaker or speakers.
Among some of the traits:
- Experience – How many years do they have in their respective field?
- Humor – As important as experience is (and it certainly does matter), bringing a little humor to the table is key too. You could have the most experienced individual (in their respective field) show up, yet your team tunes them out within no time. Having the ability to lighten up some oftentimes serious subjects can make a big difference.
- Connection – Last but not least, you want someone that with an ability to connect with your team. That connection may vary from individual to individual, but finding it should always be a top priority. In doing so, you and your team will walk away from the discussion to some degree better able to improve how you run your company.
If hiring a public speaker or two is on your agenda for 2017, why not turn to someone with experience in both business and politics?
If you do, you may very well ultimately get the vote of your customers.