Deciding on whether or not to move forward with breast augmentation can be a tricky decision for millions of women.
On the one hand, countless women see such a procedure as helping them restore some of their outer beauty, along with even improving their self-esteem to a degree. On the other hand, opting for breast augmentation can feel a little overwhelming (even risky to some women), not to mention the financial costs that come with it.
Know the Facts Before Making the Decision
To start with, women across the country should make sure they gather as much information as possible about a Utah breast augmentation or wherever they might reside.
Unlike some other surgeries which are relatively quick and easy, breast augmentation is more involved, though millions of women do it on a regular basis.
Just like you would want all the facts (positives and any potential negative ones) on lap band surgery, knee or hip replacement surgery, even the aforementioned breast surgery, look at the following questions:
- How do I stand to better myself by having breast augmentation surgery?
- What are the potential medical risks from such a procedure, both now and down the road?
- Is this something that I can afford right now (check to make sure your chosen surgeon has no hidden costs) or should I spend the money elsewhere?
- How much time will I need to recover from the procedure and are there any long-term ill effects?
- Can I expect to notice a difference in the shape of my breasts soon after the procedure or will this take a number of months?
- Will this be a one-and-done procedure? Can I expect to go back for more than one breast surgery procedure during the remainder of my life?
Once you have the surgery, what potential lifestyle changes can you expect?
First, look at the possibility of becoming pregnant down the road after a breast augmentation.
It isn’t uncommon for many women to wonder how their bodies will change with one or more pregnancies in their near or distant future.
If you’ve had breast implants and decide to become pregnant not too far in the future, will the shape of your breasts change due to carrying and delivering a baby?
According to various medical experts, most women can expect their “new” breasts to stay relatively the same shape (they will in most cases though enlarge as normal) during a pregnancy. If a child is in your near future plans, it is typically thought of as best to wait until after childbirth to have a breast augmentation procedure.
Another area where lifestyle changes take effect with breast implants is when it comes to relationships.
It is not unheard of for a boyfriend or husband to pay for breast implants for his significant other, with parents sometimes even doing it for their daughters.
On the first option, the subject of breast augmentation surgery being discussed by couples is certainly not a surprise. While some men may push their wife or girlfriend towards such a procedure, the woman is ultimately the one who must decide if it is best for her physical and emotional well-being.
While having the procedure can certainly change a relationship to a degree, both parties need to be on the same page as to why the surgery is being considered and how it will impact the woman.
When it comes to parents wanting to fund a daughter’s breast implant surgery, a couple of factors come into play. They are:
- Do it for the right reasons – When a parent or parents opt to buy their daughter breast implants, it must be done for the right reasons. With more female teens getting the procedure these days, keep in mind that young women in that age range have a lot to deal with already (both physically and emotionally). Giving breast implants as a graduation or birthday gift etc. must be in the best interests of young women, not because older adults think their daughter or loved one will look better with them;
- Explain the procedure – While countless breast implant procedures are done on a daily basis nationwide, it is important that both parents and their daughters understand all surgeries come with some risks. Make sure all risk are clearly explained, along with noting that a young woman’s life will likely change with such surgery on a number of fronts. If there are any hesitations for either parent or teen, take more time to think the procedure through.
Whether an adult woman or a teen looking at breast augmentation, get the facts and find a surgeon who you can feel 100 percent comfortable with before opting for what many women is a life-changing decision.