Online users can be very meticulous when it comes to the websites that they support, most especially for e-commerce sites, where they input their personal details and billing information. They make sure to scrutinize if the website is legitimate and trustworthy first before they go any further. And as a website owner, you should do your best to gain customer trust. In this article, we will share with you some tips that will make your e-commerce site safe and trustworthy, and eventually, this will lead to more sales.
- Have an SSL certificate – one of the first things that users check in a website is if the site has an SSL certificate or the “https”. SSL certificate allows secure connections from a web server to a browser. Users enter their personal information, especially their credit card details when dealing with e-commerce shops, thus it is important for them to know that their details are safe.
- Provide accurate and detailed About Us and Contact Us pages – next, you should make sure to have a detailed and accurate About Us and Contact us pages. You should discuss who you are including the mission and vision of the company. Most importantly, users want to see contact details including phone number, email address, office address and other contact information so they know where to reach you in case they have questions or if there’s a problem with their transaction.
- Have a step by step guidelines how your site works – you should also feature step-by-step guidelines how your site works starting with registration, how to order, how to pay and when they can expect to receive their orders. You should lay out everything so they know exactly what to expect. You can do this in the form of video, infographics or a simple and direct to the point write up.
- Feature a LiveChat support – it would be great to have a LiveChat widget on your site so users can chat when they have quick questions. You can assign one or two customer support personnel to answer customers’ queries. This will give your customers feeling of relief that they can contact you in real time.
- Reply to queries within 24-hr period – it is also important that you answer all enquiries with 24-hour period so customers do not feel neglected. They tend to freak out when not receiving a reply especially when it comes to their orders.
- Publish high quality content – next, you should publish only high quality content including articles and photos. Make sure that your photos are accurate and also the descriptions that you include. Do not deceive your customers or else they will not trust your site ever again.
- Always update your site – lastly, it is the best habit to keep your site always updated. Make sure to publish new content at least twice a week. This way, visitors will also keep coming back to your site.
Follow the tips that we discussed in this post to help you make your e-commerce site successful. Your first priority is always your customers so be sure to take care of their needs and keep them happy and satisfied all the time.