Visitors to Australia are never short of exciting activities and adventures to choose from. This is a country packed with unforgettable destinations – the only problem is how to pack it all into one trip. The best way to experience Australia is to take a gap year or extended vacation, set yourself up in some budget-friendly accommodation, then get ready to have the time of your life. Here are a few quick ideas of how you could spend your time in Australia in order to truly get the best out of this beautiful country.
- Study and travel. If you’re planning to spend an extended period of time visiting Australia and want to take advantage of the excellent education system to gain some qualifications while you’re here, then applying for a course as an international student could be a great option. There are so many courses and degrees available here in Australia, from master’s degrees to vocational courses, so make sure you check out graduate visa schools online if you’re looking to learn. Many courses offer flexible study arrangements and visa support, so you can enjoy your Australian adventure while getting a solid education.
- Road trip along the Great Ocean Road. Whether you’re visiting as an international student or taking a holiday from the 9-5, this road trip is an absolute must-do for tourists and locals alike. This Victoria-based road stretches along the continent’s coastline, providing truly breathtaking views and an unparalleled road trip experience. Bring your camera and prepare for some serious photo shoots.
- Visit Sydney Harbour Bridge. Any visitor to Australia knows that Sydney is a hotspot for urbanites, but there’s no greater sight than the gorgeous and iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge. If you want to really do this piece of sightseeing right, get harnessed up with BridgeClimb and climb up the arch of the bridge for the best possible view of the city and its surrounding scenery.
- Dive in the Great Barrier Reef. One of nature’s most precious gifts is located just off of the Queensland coast in Australia. The Great Barrier Reef is a stunning and completely unique glimpse into the beauty of the ocean, with a dazzling scene of sea life, islands, coral cays, and countless other gorgeous sights. There’s nothing like it in the world, and it’s something everyone should see at least once.
- Soak up the rays at Bondi Beach. Bondi is Australia’s most famous and arguably most popular beach, and it’s for good reason. This beach is real hotspot for watching surfers at play, getting a killer tan in the gorgeous Australian sun, and enjoying a delicious breakfast at one of the beach’s many buzzing cafes. Make sure you grab a surf lesson while you’re there if you really want to experience Bondi in true local style.
- Visit Kakadu National Park. It’s so important to get a full picture of Australia’s rich cultural heritage while you travel, and Kakadu National Park is the perfect place to do just that. This gorgeous wildlife reserve offers amazing hikes and swimming spots, as well as an insight into Aboriginal culture through the ancient rock art that fills the park. It’s the ideal place to get into nature and learn from the past.